Sunday, January 16, 2011

Live From New York!!

Yep, I'm finally here!! I never thought this weekend would come, but I'm so glad it has! Although we spent the greater part of our day on a plane, it has already been fun. After our taxi ride to the hotel (that was...fun?), we went to dinner at Johnny Utah's...not my favorite restaurant, but whatever. We then walked around Rockefeller Plaza and Times Square. Yes, it was freezing but still so cool to see everything! My goal this trip is not let being cold keep me from doing anything, because it's such a short trip and I want to make the most of it. We also stopped at Magnolia Bakery, which has some pretty tasty treats! I think we might be stopping by there a couple more times. We saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, which is so pretty! I can't wait to see more stuff like that. I love seeing all the lights because that's when this finally feels real to me. I still can't quite get over the fact that I'm in New York. Basically it's something I've waited all my life for and I'm finally here! Yay! We walked past the Gershwin Theatre, where we'll be seeing Wicked on Tuesday and I just can't wait! If I were here by myself, I would be seeing shows every night. However, I think these other people would like to do some stuff as well. I'm just excited. It's good to be here.
My expectations for this trip?
--I must not die in the taxi from the airport to our hotel. (check!)
--We must eat pizza. A real New York slice or whatever they call it. Why else would we go?
--I better do some pretty sweet shoppin. (sorta check? Hopefully there's much more to come!)
--I need to see a famous person.
--Wicked must be amazing.
--While at the Gershwin Theatre, I need to be discovered and offered a job on Broadway.
--I must not freeze to death. (I'm doing the best I can!)
Should my expectations not be fulfilled, I'm not coming back for...a month. After that, I'll reconsider.
Hopefully there will time each night to update and maybe get some pictures up!...Actually, I forgot my camera cord. So those will come later.
Yay for Yew Nork!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment