Saturday, March 5, 2016

when fate intervenes

You know when life hands you a curve ball, and you get all sorts of mad about it? You think it's the worst thing that could ever happen to you. And then after a little bit of time, you see that it's actually a really great thing, and sometimes things just happen for a reason, even though you don't know it at the time?

WELL. I had one of those moments today.

It was way past lunch time, and I was beyond hungry. Fortunately, Chick Fil A was right in my line of travel. I ordered my usual, chicken nuggets with honey mustard and a Diet Dr. Pepper. You just can't go wrong there. I pulled up to the window, handed the nice man my card, and thanked him as many times as I could so that he'd keep saying "My pleasure."

As I drove away, I reached into the bag for a waffle fry, and pulled out a packet of polynesian sauce. POLYNESIAN SAUCE? What the H? A) not what I ordered, and B) POLYNESIAN SAUCE??! I had a mini fake fit inside myself, then progressed toward the acceptance stage of my grieving process.

I figured I might as well try it, since the opportunity was there and I was mostly over my anger. Opened packet. Inserted waffle fry. Took a bite. Life changed.

Not even kidding. It was delicious. And I NEVER WOULD'VE KNOWN because I'm afraid of change. But Fate intervened at the drive-thru window and taught me a wonderful lesson. Indeed, it was my pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment