Does any of this make any sense? Of course not, I don't get enough sleep for that. I'm pretty sure that the point I'm trying to make is that I love being able to just take a minute to relax and remember the times when life was simple, when cleaning my room was probably the worst part of my week. Oh, and the second point: sunroofs make my life.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Hilary Duff and my sunroof
When feeling nostalgic, which happens quite often, I go back to my H-Duff days. When I would clean my room on Saturdays, I would pull out my boom box and put in my CDs. I thought I was so cool, being 11 and listening to teenager music. I remember listening to it and envisioning myself driving around, singing along in my car. Well, years later, here I am. One of my favorite things to do is drive with the windows down, it just makes me feel cool. However, this became difficult when Rhonda's windows stopped working. And the singing along became difficult when the speakers starting going in and out. Needless to say, the fender-bender that sent Rhonda to her grave really was a blessing, for several other reasons than having working windows and speakers. Now, on a warm afternoon, I can open up my sunroof and reminisce as I drive "up-town," as some might say :) There's something about driving and singing at the top of your lungs that can be very cathartic. And tinted windows so no one can see you? Even better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment