Amazing woman #1: my mom. She was kind enough to come play with me for the day (I think we were both afraid of something happening to me if I went alone...the buddy system. This is why my mom's nickname is Buddy. Okay, not really. Side note over...), which I was very grateful for. I'm so glad that we're good friends, things might be awkward if we weren't... Thanks Mom!
Amazing woman #2: Liz :) I've known her since I was in preschool, so we go way back. She gave an amazing talk on how important time is when it comes to our families, which was something I definitely needed to hear, as I spend the majority of my time at school, work and in my bed :) I learned just how important it is that I spend time with my family while I still can, before I go to college or get married or whatever may happen. She also had a fabulous little object lesson, involving an hourglass. While the time on the top of the hourglass is running out, it's only building what we'll have in eternity. It's such a great way to think of how you're spending your time with an eternal perspective. Thanks Liz!
Amazing woman #3: Ruth. Who else could be ma faux mere? She was first my seminary substitute, and since then I've spent many nights in her home and had many discussions at her kitchen counter. She spoke on scriptural heroines, which couldn't have been more perfect, since she's always quoting the book of Ruth :) I always forget about how important the women of the scriptures are until I talk to Ruth. I love the way she can pull the scriptures into any discussion, it always reminds me to keep my focus on the gospel. Thanks Ruth!
See? Just a small sampling of these amazing women. It probably isn't fair that I get a whole bunch of them, but I'm not giving them up! Dear fabulous women, thank you for shaping me to be who I am. I am eternally grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment