I was positive that my first car accident would be my fault. I'd be trying to turn left onto Main Street from Burton Lane, I wouldn't see the car turning onto Burton Lane, and we'd collide. It's definitely stupid to plan on that happening, but I was positive that's how it would happen. I guess I'm pretty glad I was wrong. While it did cost me a dear friend (RIP Rhonda), it didn't kill anyone (well, except Rhonda), and at least it wasn't my fault!
I was even more sure that I'd get pulled over for speeding before anything else. I do generally try to go five within the speed limit, but occasionally I'm late for work or just dying to get out and drive with my windows down and music blaring, and I don't know! Maybe I drive a little (really) fast.
Well, today, I found out that I was wrong yet again. I was running some errands when I was pulled over by a highway patrolman. I knew I hadn't done anything wrong: I'd been at a complete stop and had my signal on when he saw me. I was even stopped behind the stop line, which doesn't always happen! I was so confused...and a little terrified. I did always know that I wouldn't cry when I got pulled over, I'm glad I was right about that.
So it turns out that Officer C. Jones pulled me over because the tint on my windows is too dark. What?? Okay, yeah. It's really, really, really dark. But the dang guy that sold it to me said it had passed inspection! Liar. Officer Jones said there's no way it could've passed and I believe him. Lola (Sadie's stage name (Sadie's my car, in case you haven't met her)) is from Vegas and she's a pretty shady lady. She's a babe, but she's shady. Anyway, Officer J gave me ticket and some tips for removing the tint then sent me on my way. He was nice, but he's definitely not my best friend.
I'd just like to say-- at least it wasn't my fault!! Sometimes I'm glad that I'm wrong. (But curse the dang car salesman! He'll be hearing from us. And probably C. Jones.)
So...that kinda ruined my day. 'Kinda' as in 'pretty much did'. But after a pedicure, a peach and talking with some of my favorite people in the world, I conquered Tuesday. It had me down for a few hours, but I got it in the end.
Should anyone find themselves needing something to do, I'll be having several tint-removing parties over the next few days...it's gonna be fun!! We'll listen to fun music and I'll take you out for ice cream once it's all done...so come on over!
No comments:
Post a Comment