Wednesday, December 3, 2014

the title of my book.

I was watching The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last night (I usually just watch clips on YouTube, but I finally saw part of it on the real TV!) and David Sedaris was on. I've not actually read any of his books (I'll hit the library on my way home tonight...), but he's a funny guy. He was talking about his latest book, Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, and how he came up with the title.


So then I started thinking.


Back up. I really started thinking when I was texting my gf Kasey last Wednesday about 'natural beauty' and suggested she include her thoughts in her book....



What will the title be?

WHY IS THAT SUCH A DIFFICULT QUESTION? How do you want to be remembered by anyone who reads what you write? Such a challenge.

So. I've been thinking. Not that I have plans to write a book, but if I did (and everyone should, right? Everyone has something to say. Or something to say about something that someone else said...), how would I title it? Some ideas...


Yeeeeeeah buddy, a memoir.

Kelsey Richardson: An aspiring Golden Girl

Dancing through Life...and I Can't Dance.

My Left Foot Can't Dance (Come to our Thursday night tap class if you want me to prove it...)

1993 (If Taylor Swift did it, so can I.)

I Can't Even: Growing Up in the Age of Incomplete Sentences.

How to Buy Friends and Manipulate People


Thoughts/suggestions/votes are completely welcome. Nothing is set in stone yet, but this could be a good starting point. I mean, we're given a name before we've done anything significant in life, right? All the good stuff comes after the name.




1 comment:

  1. I want this book: I Can't Even: Growing Up in the Age of Incomplete Sentences. :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete