Sunday, March 25, 2012

second spring break...

...you know, like second breakfast? And quite honestly, second spring break was better than first spring break.  As much as I love babysitting...I love not babysitting even more.

*Dear reader: this post may contain rambling. And might be boring. I'm not telling you to not read it. I'm just warning you.*

As much as I don't like school right now, I do believe getting an education is valuable, and I'm hoping that it will benefit me at some point in my life... Anyway, I think education is important, but I also believe in doing what makes you happy. So...maybe I took a day off school and just took a break. And honestly, last week was amazing. Besides the big things, like the Kelly Clarkson concert, Beauty and the Beast, and the midnight premier of The Hunger Games, I just did what I wanted. I slept in a little, read a lot, went shopping with my mom, played with friends, and just had a great time. Not to mention, the weather was fantastic all week long! It was super great. I believe in ditching school, I really do.

Of course a second spring break has to be followed up by a fabulous weekend! I actually spent Friday night doing homework...but I guess that just helped to make Saturday and today even better. Saturday brought an amazing Relief Society program that has left me with Hilary Weeks stuck in my head for two days and a great desire to read Daughters in My Kingdom. The beautiful weather then took me to my porch for some homework and a music-listening party. That, of course, led to a Diet Coke drive with the windows down, then an hour of intense piano playing. Topped off with another round of Hunger Games and ice cream, Saturday was completely great.

I love when greatness carries over from day to day. Choir practice? Great. Church? Great. Family BBQ? Always great. Then I found a spider in my room...that wasn't great. But I digress. Julia Hunt invited me over for group scripture study, and I think that was my favorite two hours of the day. We read the first seven chapters of Moroni and it was absolutely amazing. It's not often that I really study my scriptures like that, and it was so great to be able to discuss them and look at them in different ways. It was just a really great way to end the weekend.

Well...I guess it isn't over yet. I'm watching The Sound of Music. Because Julie Andrews is my hero and it just fits in with this perfect weekend.

Thanks for reading that. As a reward, here's a little gem for you:

No words. None at all.

1 comment: