Wednesday, March 14, 2012

spring break, part 1

You know how in movies and Gilmore Girls, all the college kids go to Florida or somethin and party real hard for a week? Well, I asked my parents about that a couple weeks ago. They said that wasn't real....bummer. Instead, I'm out here in Salt Lake babysitting while my aunt and uncle are in Mexico. Wha?? Yeah, MEXICO. And here I am...hiding from Lydia and really wishing I could go back to sleep.

I mean, really, I love the children. But sometimes...sometimes I have to put myself on time-out so I don't scream or hit them. When Will started crying last night because the pizza only had cheese on it. Or when Lydia cried because I walked up the stairs before her. Sensitive little children, these are.

Preschool and elementary school are such blessings. Get the kids to go do something else for a few hours, it's just delightful.

I hope I don't get in trouble for letting them watch so many movies. I just figure they should be able to party while their parents are gone...and so should I, because it's my spring break.

Early bedtime? Also beautiful. But it does back fire, right around 6:45 each morning. UGH. I don't even get up that early for school on a good day. (Okay, I do, but oh so unwillingly.) At least the boy knows how to make his own peanut butter toast.

The parents will be home in 13 hours. Maybe Lydia and I will make a paper chain and count down the hours. That'll at least give us something to do.

Thanks to my mini road trip to Rexburg last weekend (hey there Idahoes!), I haven't slept in my own bed since Thursday night. I really miss it. Really really really. I'm so excited, I could cry.

I feel like just babysitting for spring break would not be showing my gratitude for this beautiful week off we've been given. So, for part 2 of this break, besides a little working, I've got Zumba, yogo with my girl RyLeigh, a tea party, gelato with my pals, lunch with my SCSFBFFFEWC, dinner and a show with PJ and Shoes, a potential IKEA trip, and maybe even another high school musical. Gotta pack it all in, right? RIGHT.

On another note, today is Pi Day. Not pie, but 3.14. Ya know, math stuff. But...we could still celebrate by eating pie, yeah? Yeeeeeeah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment