Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm too lazy to title these?

Some days, it feels real good to get up, get ready, then go and do. Today...not really one of those.

I was up by 9 (ish), which is a pretty great accomplishment. (Just a thought--I know most people wait until 9 to make phone calls...I think it should be 10. That's all.) But...I maybe stayed in my room until almost noon? I mean, I went and had breakfast and stuff, but I just had things to do! I blame my mother--she showed me these blogs that she reads. And they're fabulous. And I love to read. I mean, I can hardly finish an entire book to save my life, but what's a few (hundred) blog posts? That's nothing!

These two sisters, Stephanie and Courtney, are amazing writers. I learned about Stephanie when my seminary teacher showed us a Mormon message about her after she'd been in a plane crash and her body was covered in burns. Her story is crazy inspirational! You can watch the Mormon Message here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDvxPjsm8E or read her blog, http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ Her sister Courtney is hilarious! I...may've spent hours reading her posts and watching her vlogs this weekend, laughing the whole time. Read it all here: http://blog.cjanerun.com/

So what if this was my favorite part of the weekend? Okay, that's not true. Just one of my favorites.

Sunday night was excellent. Dinner at Grandpa Curt's isn't always my favorite thing in the world. Sometimes it just gets weird. But last night we had dinner in the backyard; Grandpa made ribs and Aunt Robyn made the best Banana Cream Pie in the whole world. I love my family. I love my grandpa's backyard.

Then bonus! We were invited over to Larmore's for a "fireside"...s'mores and hangin out with Doug and Sarah! The only thing I love more than the smell of a campfire is the smell of sunscreen...something about those two just make me so happy! Must be a summer thing...

Something about Sunday just felt extra summery. I liked that our neighbors were outside. We were outside. It felt real good.


No comments:

Post a Comment