Monday, October 10, 2011

I apologize...

...for that last post, for it was such a downer. I don't mean to be that way, that's just how it is sometimes. So, to make up for it, I thought I'd post some things that make me laugh :)

First, this video:
(DISCLAIMER: there are a couple words that could tend to make one cringe...you've been warned)
That being said, this video, as well as the Hamlet video, make me laugh so hard. LOVE IT. As I was researching Shakespeare for a theatre presentation, I had to watch these videos about four times this week...you know, for the sake of research. Do enjoy.

Second, a short story:
I work at Allstate, as you know. My boss was out last Friday afternoon, so I was just making calls and scheduling appointments. I called this man, we'll call him Claude, as that is his name. Our conversation went something like this...
Me: "Hi, is this Claude?"
Claude: "...who is this?"
Me: "It's Kelsey, I work with Allstate?"
Claude: "You're calling for Austin? Well that's our grandson, but he doesn't live here."
Me: "No, no, ALLSTATE. Your insurance company? Doug Thatcher is your agent?"
Claude: "Oh..."
Me: "I'm calling about renewing your car insurance policy."
Claude: "Well I don't have car insurance!"
Me"....you don't?"
Claude: "No I don't! Haven't for years!"
It went on for another minute or so, me asking if he was sure that he didn't have it, and him being positive that he hasn't been insured for years...so I did a little research. He's actually been insured there for 8 years...three cars and his house...
But he's 92. I mean, what can you do?
Apparently not renew his insurance policy...

Third, a quote:
"You cheated on me. " "How did I--" "You cheated on me with choreography, and that's the worst kind!" --Cam and Mitch from Modern Family, right after Mitch danced with a flash mob...probably the greatest episode of the greatest show ever. WATCH IT.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment